Football or soccer is the number one game of sports that is watched by one and all. It is one of the most popular sports in the world that has many fans crazy behind their football stars. There are many interesting facts about football games and its various famous players of different teams, people may not know.
Interesting facts regarding football
A football team consists of 11 players and for a game to start and, there should be at least 7 players. There is a crucial part of a football is football coaching and football coaching jobs are very difficult to find in now days.
Here are some of interesting facts about football.
- In year 1888, the football league was founded in England, which became the first pioneer in football competitions. It had 12 clubs situated from North of England. The Preston North End was the first winners of this championship.
- The first Football match description was noted by William FitzsSephen when he went on a visit to London.
- Some earlier reference of football being played is found in ancient texts of 1st and 3rd century B.C.
- The Japanese football version is called as Cuju or Kemari
- A football has a weight between 14 to 15 ounces
- The first Football association cup was played in England in year 1872 between the Royal Engineers and the Wanderers. The later won the match
- The oldest football club known in the world is the Dublin University Football Club in Ireland, which was founded in year 1854.
- As per reports, the first international football match was played between England and Scotland in Glasgow in year 1872 with large group of more than 3000 people. The match was a draw
- The famous football player Zinedine Zidane has been known to never been caught in offside in his career.
- The largest known football match attendance was in a game between team Brazil and Uruguay in the world cup played in Rio De Janeiro, where more than 199,854 spectators turned up to see the match
- As per records, the most goals scored by a player in a football match were 16 goals in 1942 by Stephen Stanis of France
- The famous Argentina football player legend ‘Diego Maradona’ was only 16 years old when he debuted.
- The most number of goals in a football world cup is held by the Brazilian player Ronaldo with 15 goals.
- The famous cricketer Viv Richards is also the only person to play Football world cup.
- As per reports, Roger Milla-the Cameroon player is the oldest player at age of 42 to play in world cup.
- Sir Stanley Matthews has never had a booking in his 33-year long career
- Brazil’s Pele is the only player to win three World Cups in year 1958, 1962 and 1970.
- The first ever World Cup was held in the year 1930, which was won by Uruguay.
- Diego Maradona has scored more than 310 goals in football.
- Luigi Riva once broke the arm of a spectator with one of powerful shots.
- Manchester United was earlier known as Newton Heath before 1902.
- Barcelona’s Hristo Stoichkov was banned for 6 months in year 1990 for stamping on the referee’s foot.
- A referee at a friendly match in Brazil once took out a revolver and shot dead a player who had disagreed with a penalty decision.
- The ball used in football has remained exactly the same size and shape since the last 120 years.
- As per reports, Neil Armstrong wanted to take a football to the moon – but NASA deemed it to be un-American.
- Scotland has qualified for the World Cup on 8 occasions but every time, it failed to advance beyond the first round.
- England player Geoff Hurst is the only player in World Cup history to have a hat trick in the final, against West Germany in 1966
- The 1946 world cup was cancelled due to Second World War after effects.
- Spain has played 49 games at the World Cup,
- The only player who is alive from the first World cup in year 1930 is Francisco Varallo from Argentina who is aged about 100 years.
So, football is not only a curious game but also a game of unpredictability and some crazy moments. People now days also search for Football jobs, because it pays really better than any other jobs.